Not-for-profit organizations possess unique qualities, experience distinctive challenges, and require innovative accounting services and solutions. Our professionals have the experience to provide quality services that are cost-effective, timely and responsive to the needs of not-for-profit organizations.
At BWTP P.C., we provide services for many local not-for-profit organizations with unique missions and programs. Depending on the level of service provided, we serve as their auditors, consultants, accountants and tax preparers. Some of the services we offer to not-for-profit organizations include:
- Preparation of Form 990 and related tax forms
- Audits of financial statements, including audits required by A-133 or other government or funding agencies
- Review or compilation of financial statements
- Preparation of payroll and related payroll tax forms
- Consulting services, such as assistance with budget preparations
- Presentations at board of directors’ meetings
- Pension and 403(b) plan administration and audits
- Assistance with developing internal accounting controls
- Fraud investigation
Our staff continues to receive annual training to stay current with the latest auditing and accounting pronouncements, particularly how they pertain to the non-profit industry and the unique needs that these organizations have.
Our staff is encouraged to participate as volunteers, and we sponsor firm-wide projects to assist non-profits.