The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Health Care Enhancement Act, appropriated funds to reimburse eligible healthcare providers for healthcare related expenses or lost revenues attributable to the coronavirus. These funds were distributed by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) through the CARES Act PRF program. Recipients of greater than $10,000 of these funds agreed to terms & conditions, which require compliance with reporting requirements as specified by the HRSA. Recipients will upload the required information to the HRSA “Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal” through a two-step process including:
- Completing the registration process.
- Reporting on the use of the Provider Relief Funds
The Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal was set to open on January 15,,2020 with a reporting deadline for all required information of February 15, 2020. However, at this time, the portal only allows for the registration process. However, the operability of the PRF Reporting Portal for reporting the use of the funds has been delayed. HRSA will announce the timeline for submission of these reports when it is available. However, we recommend recipients complete the registration process as soon as possible as this is required before you can report on the use of funds. You can complete the registration process through the following steps:
- Access the PRF Reporting Portal at https://PRFReporting.hrsa.gov
- Click “Register” to create an account,
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Submit the required information including:
- Tax ID Number (TIN)
- Business Name (As it appears on the W-9 of the reporting entity)
- Contact information (name, phone number, title, email) of the person responsible for submission
- Address of the reporting entity
- Payment information (for any of the payments received) including:
- TIN of the entity that received the payment
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH)
- Check number or ACH settlement date
Registration is complete after the user certifies the accuracy of the information and enters a password. You should receive a pop-up message indicating “Registration Successful”. Providers will be notified by the HRSA when they should complete the second step of the process and report on the use of the funds. At this time, the deadline for reporting the use of the funds remains February 15, 2020 for all providers who received and expended their Provider Relief funds in 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation for updates.
Please let us know if we can provide any assistance with registration or reporting of required information. Please contact us at 314-576-1350 if you have any questions.