Illinois Secure Choice retirement savings program is for Illinois employers who do not already offer an employer-sponsored retirement plan. It is intended to provide a simple way for employers to help employees save for retirement without any employer fees/ contributions. Employers who meet all of the following criteria will be required by Illinois State Law to facilitate Illinois Secure Choice for their employees:
- Have 25 or more employees
- Have been in operation for at least two years
- Do not offer an employer-sponsored retirement plan
Employers will be notified by the program when they will be required to register or indicate that they are exempt. Employers have the option of registering early if they desire. The registration deadlines are as follows:
- Employers with 500 or more employees – 11/1/2018
- Employers with 100-499 employees – 7/1/2019
- Employers with 25-99 employees – 11/1/2019
Employers who do not comply with the Illinois Secure Choice Savings Program Act may be subject to fines and penalties.
If you think you may be required to facilitate this plan and/or if you would like more details about Illinois Secure Choice, please contact Anne Christian at email@example.com or visit ilsecurechoice.com.